Medical Malpractice in Oklahoma
When a medical doctor or hospital staff injures or kills a patient in Oklahoma as a result of committing medical malpractice, a highly qualified attorney at Little, Oliver & Gallagher can sue the doctor and/or the hospital for just financial compensation on behalf of the patient and/or their surviving family. By hiring a highly experienced attorney in Oklahoma that specializes in this area of the law, injured patients may be able to recover financial damages for medical bills and lost earnings, as well as pain and suffering.
Because there are so many legal complexities involved in medical malpractice cases in Oklahoma, that demand both legal and medical expertise, these lawsuits are among the most difficult to navigate through the court system. To have any chance of prevailing in court, it is vital that you retain an attorney with not only the knowledge and experience, but also the resources to go the distance in litigating your claim. The medical malpractice attorneys at Little, Oliver & Gallagher Law Firm have acquired decades of experience holding medical professionals liable for their negligence and attaining just verdicts and financial settlements for our many clients throughout the years.
If you believe that you or a family member has suffered injuries as a result of medical malpractice, we invite you to complete the form we’ve provided in order to arrange for a free legal consultation to discuss your suspicions.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when a medical doctor, healthcare professional or other medical professional deviates from what is considered the “accepted standard or level of care” when providing services to patients.
In order to prove your claim that medical malpractice or medical negligence has occurred in your case, your attorney must definitively show that your doctor, the nurse or hospital in some way were negligent and that this caused your injury or the death of a family member or loved one. Our attorneys at Little, Oliver & Gallagher Law Firm have filed and successfully litigated many medical malpractice cases involving the following situations:
- Careless conduct by emergency personnel and/or paramedics
- Defective medical devices and/or products
- Delay or failure in diagnosing a medical condition
- Delay in properly treating a medical condition
- Errors in blood tests and/or other laboratory errors
- Experimental treatments or medications leading to injury
- Failure in diagnosing cancer
- Given the wrong medication
- Improper administration and/or use of anesthesia
- Infections caused by contaminated surgery
- Injury suffered while giving birth due to medical personnel
- Lack of oxygen when undergoing a medical procedure
- Patient transferred to another hospital without proper consent
- X-ray technician was negligent
Elements of a Medical Negligence Lawsuit in Oklahoma
To prove your claims of medical malpractice in Oklahoma and receive just financial compensation for the injuries you suffered, your attorney must show the following in a court of law:
The defendant in the case, which would be the doctor, nurse and/or hospital, owed you or the injured party a duty of care that was not provided. Doctors and medical professionals are required to give their patients a certain level or standard of care to avoid any harm coming to them.
- The defendant failed to provide the required duty of care.
- The patient suffered injury directly caused by this failure.
- The patient has damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering due to this injury.
HOW DAMAGES & COMPENSATION ARE CALCULATED
By filing a medical malpractice lawsuit in Oklahoma, the patient who was injured may seek to be compensated for such damages as:
- Past and future medical bills and costs
- Hospital bills past and future
- Rehabilitation bills
- Home healthcare
- Items such as mobility equipment
To determine what costs may be incurred in the future, our attorneys will consult with medical as well as financial/economic experts to show the court the type and extent of care you will need in living with this injury. We will also determine the medical costs for ongoing treatment that may be required. These kinds of costs last a lifetime and will be adjusted based on inflation.
Our lawyers at Little, Oliver & Gallagher Law Firm, that specialize in a vast array of practice areas, will work to determine what non-economic losses you’ve had as a result of being injured. These would include the monetary value of intangible damages, such as the loss of the enjoyment of life, physical pain and the suffering you’ve endured and are likely to continue to endure. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.