Car Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma City
Car Accident Causes
Have you been involved in a car accident in Oklahoma? Are you wondering whether or not you qualify for compensation? Well, you need to work with the best Oklahoma Car Accident Lawyer to make sure you receive your rightful compensation.
What Are The Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Oklahoma City?
1. Drunk Driving – Whether you or other drivers on the road are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they are likely going to cause a car accident.
2. Speeding – Driving over the speed limit in OKC is a leading cause of car accidents.
3. Careless Or Distracted Driving – Using your cell phone to text or call when driving is distracted driving. Grabbing anything from the floor or tweaking your car stereo might cause serious accidents.
4. Failure To Obey Traffic Signs – Going through a stop sign or ignoring a yield sign can cause a serious car accident.
5. Bad Weather – During the fall or winter months, the weather can be pretty cruel in Oklahoma resulting in serious car accidents.
If you have been involved in a car accident due to any of the following reasons, you need to call the best Oklahoma Car Accident Lawyer to get the compensation you deserve.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Oklahoma?
1. Call The Police – First, you need to call the local authorities to the scene of the accident. The police should write down a report of the accident so make sure you get a copy of it for legal purposes.
2. Get Medical Assistance – If you have been injured in a car accident in Oklahoma, you need to get medical assistance from the emergency responders at the scene. If you are seriously injured, get help from the local hospital and ask for copies of the medical reports.
3. Ask For Witness Contacts – You can ask for the numbers and names of the other people at the scene of the accident. They should come in handy as witness statements during your compensation case.
4. Don’t Admit Fault – Even if you are at fault for the accident, don’t admit fault. Avoid saying anything to the other people at the scene of the accident to signify your fault.
5. Call A Car Accident Lawyer – You need to call a car accident lawyer in Oklahoma to get the evidence you need for your compensation case.
When To File A Claim?
If you have been injured in a car accident in Oklahoma, you have two years to file a claim from the date of the accident. If the two years elapse before you file a claim, the statute of limitations expires and you are no longer eligible for compensation.
How To Determine Fault In A Car Accident In Oklahoma City?
For any accident in Oklahoma, the law relies on modified comparative negligence to determine who is at fault. Simply put, it means you can recover damages in a car accident claim but your share will determine the degree of fault for the car accident. If your level of fault is higher than that of the other drivers, you will not receive any compensation in Oklahoma law.
How Can A Car Accident Lawyer Help?
Are you wondering whether or not you need the services of a car accident lawyer after an accident? Here are a few reasons why hiring a car accident lawyer is important.
1. Filing A Lawsuit – If you don’t have legal experience, you may not have the knowledge required to file a car accident lawsuit. Hire a legal professional who can help with the paperwork and processes to avoid any challenges with your case.
2. Collecting Evidence – It’s prudent to hire an attorney immediately after the accident so they can start collecting the evidence as soon as possible. If you wait too long, some of the evidence might be unusable. Even worse, the statute of limitations might expire thereby nullifying your compensation.
3. Settlement Negotiation – Insurers might offer a settlement amount to prevent the case from going to trial. The best car accident lawyers in OKC should be able to get a good settlement amount by using their exemplary negotiation skills.
4. Trial Representation And Preparation – If the case ends up in trial, a good lawyer should represent you and present your case in front of the judge and jury.
Call the best OKC car accident lawyers today and enjoy these and many more benefits! In Oklahoma City call Little, Oliver, Gallager, PLLC at (405) 253-4478. Or complete our contact form and one of our attorneys will contact you.